TREND: HIGH-WAISTED SKIRTS
My friends will probably roll their eyes at this post. I’ve been known to overdo this trend a bit. Read: More often than not, I am found wearing some sort of high-waisted ensemble. Fortunately, the look is quite flattering, easy to pull off, and versatile enough to wear for day, night, or even on the job.
- Wear them with basics.
- Don’t be afraid to mix patterns.
- Let your accessories downplay the look.
Wearing this trend out at night is my go-to look, because it’s easy to dress up or dress down.
- Pair patterned skirts with a dressy top or blazer
- Add a cinching belt to lend structure.
- With such a comfortable silhouette, go daring with shoes.
Dating back to the era depicted by Mad Men, the high-waisted skirt is the perfect nine to five outfit.
- Work with proportions, balancing a shorter skirt with a bigger top.
Title from “Esther” by Phish