When in doubt, it seems starlets opt for a Grecian dress for the red carpet. Well, I’m not complaining. From the draping details to the roped accents, I love this look and have seen it cyclically move through the fashion world. Like the picture above, the style looks anachronistically good. Goddess dresses are in this season, seen in the collections of Zac Posen, Marchesa, and Alberta Ferreti, among others. These looks make me wish I lived in ancient Greece…with a cell phone, and an iPod, and maybe Twitter. But still.
2. JANUARY JONES in a different era of style than her ’50s Mad Men garb.
3. NICOLE RICHIE wears excessive neck detailing to lend the perfect bohemian balance.
4. MISCHA BARTON reminds me why you can leave it to her to stand out from the pack of every trend.
6. BLAKE LIVELY aka Serena has a goddess name that deserves a goddess train.
7. NATALIE PORTMAN in Lanvin is one of my favorite red carpet looks ever.
8. JENNIFER ANISTON has been in a black rut for far too long.
10. MISCHA BARTON should remember that when she isn’t trying too hard to look quirky, she looks like this: original but not over the top.
11. MONIQUE LHULLIER SPRING 2010 shows how the print can make the design so original.
12. NICOLE RICHIE makes for a nice change with the pony since most opt for a curly updo.
14. AMANDA SEYFRIED antiquates the little black dress.
15. JOY BRYANT is a vision in white.
16. ISSA FALL 2009 combines safari with Greek.
Title from “Don’t Interrupt the Sorrow” by Joni Mitchell